Categories

Top sellers

Information

Manufacturers

New products

Specials

Suppliers

  • DI-VA Italy
  • Pharmalife Research
  • Vita Healthcare (UK)

The Secrets of Wild Rose Oil

The Secrets of Wild Rose Oil

Our Gamila Secret Wild Rose Face Oil was just reviewed and approved by the natural beauty blogger Del Brown @delapproved. Del Brown has reviewed a few of Gamila products, and is admittedly a fan of the brand.

”Already a big fan of the range and having tried and reviewed the Original Face Oil from Gamila, I was excited to try this Rose version. Rose Essential Oil, in this case distilled from the Rose Damascus (Damask) plant, is renowned for it’s therapeutic properties. Rose oil contains more than 300 known compounds and is used as an antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral and even as an aphrodisiac.”

The reason why we are so happy about this review is because Del Brown is a completely honest and  independent blogger, moreover, he is an expert on ingredients, and his advice can be trusted! Read the full review here .

We would like to tell you more about the secrets of Wild Rose oil. Rose [Rosa damascena] oil is the most precious of all essential oils, which has the same price as gold! Originally the origin of cultivated rose is known to be the Gulf of Persia, now Iran, and from the 10th to the 17th century the rose industry was developed and dominated by Persia. From there the rose industry spread into Arabia, Mesopotamia, Palestine, Asia Minor (Anatolia) Greece, India, Morocco, and due to the conquering Moors reached as far as Spain. According to legend, in the 13th century Rosa damascena was brought from Damascus to Southern France by the returning Crusaders, although some experts believe it may have actually been R. gallica instead. During the 16th century, Ottoman (Turkish) merchants imported Rosa damascena for cultivation throughout the Balkans, more specifically in a valley in Bulgaria, where the climate proved to be ideal for growing wild roses, this was the beginning of the Rose Valley. Bulgaria is only a small country but traditionally it produces 80% of the natural Rose oil, which is now the finest in the world, the other 20 % is produced mostly in Morocco and Turkey. Production is very labour- intensive, the Rose petals have to be picked by hand before sunrise, and distilled on the same day. It takes tens of thousands of petals to produce one gram of pure rose oil, which is why it is very expensive.

Leave a Reply

All fields are required

Name:
E-mail: (Not Published)
Comment: